A Cruel Twist of Fate
Manse 5 Hearthstone (Wood) This green amber amber orb is set in Toma’s Hearthstone Amulet (The amulet probably had a name and a legend once upon a time, but Toma knows it as “the orichalcum necklace we retrieved from those ruins that time,” which is a bit of a mouthful.)
While attuned, the stone’s bearer regenerates 1 bashing or lethal damage per turn and 1 aggravated damage per minute).
Manse 5 Hearthstone (Earth; Summoning Materia) This large fire agate does not yest exist; but Toma intends to create it, and currently intends to attach it to a red jade grimcleaver he acquired, at least until he can acquire a more subtle housing for it.
This Hearthstone is linked to a Manse atop the volcano in Bluehaven. Unlike other Hearthstones, this stone’s Essence goes to (Name Unknown) the God of the Volcano. Once per day, the Exalt attuned to the stone can summon , subject to some conditions:
- If you summon the God of the Volcano to perform a task that is far beneath his dignity, he might just kick your ass (but he might be inclined to forgive a suitably flattering summoner; see below).
- Summoning the God of the Volcano costs one action and 5 ticks of initiative. If you possess the Terrestrial Circle Sorcery Spell Summon Elemental then you can summon the god in one tick. The Essence cost is 10 motes either way.
- No Binding is permitted or necessary; the god’s assistance is a matter of prior agreement (see below)
- (Name Unknown) considers the essence diverted to him by the Hearthstone to be a tribute, and is thus well-disposed toward his summoner. This goodwill can be increased via diplomacy and even diplomatic Charms, burnt offerings, and so forth.
- The God of the Volcano’s spiritual domain and influence is extended into the Crown’s immediate environs, allowing him to influence your surroundings just as if he were on his mountain.
- The summoning lasts for a Scene, after which (Name Unknown) returns to his domain.